zaterdag 29 september 2012

The weighting game

I've took some serious time to fix my base figure with some nice topology.
And after that I used the autorigger in c4d to build that puppet some bones.
It is a handy tool and I will dive into it more cuz I need to setup some preferences of my own here.
I decided to cut my character up into a head, the jacket, the mittens, jeans and boots.
This way I have more flexibility over the painting etc I guess, well I will find out if this is the way to go, but I think it is..

And after this was all setup except the painting the weighting of the character was next.
I don't know what it is with weighting but it takes some serious time, most of the time the examples are thin but my character has a thick jacket so that will not cut it for this.
After spending a whole day or so on weighting it is almost where I want it to be.
It works quite nice so the works has paid off.

The head is something that I wanna rebuild to make it all tidy.

I will post some progress tomorrow to keep the juices flowing.

Cheers.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten